Dutch - Week of the Dutch-language
2 to 9 oCtober 2021
From 2 to 19 October, the Week of Dutch takes place. Traditionally, we highlight various activities with a focus on Dutch.
Make a video. Win a prize!
Show us how you practise Dutch!
During the Week van het Nederlands (The Dutch Week), from 2 to 9 October 2021, Agentschap Integratie en Inburgering, IN-Gent, Atlas, vzw De Rand and the Dutch Language House Brussels are organising a video competition. Join in and let your creativity run wild!
- How do you like to practise Dutch in your everyday life? Do you sing Dutch songs? Do you watch Flemish soaps? Or do you have a daily chat with the bus driver to practise Dutch? There are so many ways to practise. Come up with your own unique way.
- Shoot a unique or funny video to show us (max. 3 minutes; landscape format; mp4 file).
- Upload your video at www.nederlandsoefenen.be, no later than 9 October 2021.
- You can watch all the videos from 16 October at www.nederlandsoefenen.be/wedstrijd.
More information about taking part in the competition and the privacy terms and conditions are available on the website.
Win a unique prize!
We will select the three most extraordinary entries. The three winners will be announced on 29 October. The lucky winner(s) (person or group) will be invited to select one of the following prizes:
- A museum visit: Huis van Alijn in Ghent, Modemuseum in Antwerp, Afrikamuseum in Tervuren or Museum voor Natuurwetenschappen in Brussels
- A workshop offered by Avansa: ..., ...,
The winners will receive an e-mail with more information about the prizes and options on 29 October.
Grab your chance, prove that practising Dutch is fun, and win!
Creative writing in Dutch
Are you a real music lover? Do you enjoy exploring different cultural styles of music? Have you ever thought about writing poetry or lyrics in Dutch? Then why not sign up for a 'WIJ' " writing session.
A new project by Lennaert Maes and Andries Boone, 'WIJ' will be the outcome of a collaborative effort with musicians from the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe in a bid to revitalise various folk songs. 'Wij' is based on folk songs from Belgium and elsewhere in the world, with Dutch translations and new creations being included. Join coach Lennaert Maes who will help you during a writing session to try out your creative skills in Dutch. This fun-filled session will be an opportunity to use words and phrases as poetic building blocks. Your Dutch need not be perfect, as even with just a few words, you will soon be able to achieve much more than you might think.
The session is ideal for people who love music. You are welcome to take part even if you have only just started learning Dutch. Even with just a few words, you will soon be able to achieve much more than you might think.
Free of charge, but registration required.
A joint initiative between the non-profit-making 'de Rand' association and the WESP non-profit organisation.